April is associated with the season of spring, when trees and flowers begin to “open” and we shed the winter blues and start to prepare for loads of outside playtime. It may bring April showers too, but we don’t need to worry about getting stuck inside and be bored waiting for the sky’s to clear. April is a month jam pack of food celebrations: national bake week, egg salad week, chocolate mouse day, hot cross bun day, pecan day, it’s the national grilled cheese month, picnic day, blueberry pie day and so much more that I don’t think we can NOT come up with some awesome choices for us to get gutsy on April.
You can put away those umbrellas; you are staying in and cooking up a storm.
Week 1, to post week of April 2nd
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Day needs to be celebrated with a different take of the sandwich – Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie Sticks via Spoon Fork Bacon
- The 4th is cordon blue day – I have not had one of these in so long, I’m thinking its time to bring them back – Chicken Cordon Bleu via Martha, via Emeril.
- There is a Coffee Cake day too, not that we need that excuse to make one. Like this Honey Lemon Olive Oil Whole-Wheat via Eat the Love. Or if you are to lazy to wait for anything to rise you could go with King Arthur Flour favorite Sour Cream Coffee Cake.
Week 2, to post week of April 9th
- Did you know there was a Grilled Cheese Sandwich day! I got all sort of excited with this – let’s see what we can come up with, here are some ideas to get you started via Tasteologie. Go ahead, pick one and surprise us!
- I love mushrooms and you can incorporate them in pretty much anything. But these Balsamic Green Beans & Cremini are calling my name via What we’re eating.
- Let’s do the technique post, this is what’s next on my kitchen bucket list – Beef Wellington via Chow
Week 3, to post week of April 16th
- The apple pie worked (sort of), maybe its time for Blueberry Pie in a Jar via Babble.
- Shrimp has a day too this week. I’m thinking Shrimp Au Gratin via Cooking in Sens
- Because Monkey’s holds a special place in my heart, I cannot hold myself back from trying these – Monkey Bread Minis via shutterbean
Week 4, to post week of April 23rd
- Celebrating National Picnic day should not be hard with these menu options via Epicurious. Then pack it and take your family to the nearest park and enjoy.
So there you have it a bit of everything to celebrate April. How Gutsy are you going to get this month?