March, how did we get here? Because it seems only yesterday that we were celebrating new years. But, here we are – MARCH. And with it a new set of menus.
Not going to lie, this one was a tough one. I have no idea why, usually the monthly recipe line up come to me pretty quickly, but March was proving to be a bit of a challenge.
Besides, green beer celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. March, marks the beginning of spring, which means for most of us, the gardens are waking up…
Carrots, cauliflower, leeks, spring onions, oranges, salmon, mussels, oysters, parsley are at their best…
So how about building some of our menus using these ingredients?
Week 1, to post week of March 5th
- Fish fillets in Caper Sauce, Roman Style – by Julia Della Croce, via Cookstar
- Mac ‘n’ cheese Filos with Parmesan, cauliflower and chilli – by Paul Bloxham, via Good Food Channel
- Gremolata Encrusted Hake Fillets over Lemony Swiss Chard and Leeks – Jill Mant via Honest Cooking
Week 2, to post week of March 12th
- Always wanted to try this Salmon en croute with pea puree – via taste.com
- Creamy pot roast chicken – via Delicious Magazine
- This has been calling my name for ages – Brown Mushroom Tortano – via Cook Republic
Week 3, to post week of March 19th
- Cheesy pancakes with ham and leeks – via Delicious Magazine
- 101 Cookbooks has not failed us yet, so how about trying her Sunburst Carrot Salad
- Ok they are not mussels, but clams and pasta is always good stuff - Linguine with White Clam Sauce by Lidia Bastianich
Week 4, to post week of March 26
Lets throw in here a recipe from scratch challenge – DONUTS!
- Croatian Jelly Doughnuts – via Honest Cooking
- Bomboloni (Italian filled donuts) – via La mia vita dolce
- Malaysian Sweet Potato Donuts – via Smoky Wok
I’m really looking forward too these, I hope you are too. Let March madness begin!