2012 is here folks. 365 clean days to fill up with new successes, new recipes, new adventures and everything in between. I for one has promised myself to be more bold in the kitchen, to try to cook more greens, make things from scratch and put myself totally out of my comfort zone with techniques and ingredients.
2011 was a year of indulgence, lots carbs, cheese, pastas and the desserts really topped most of my post, as well as some of my fellow bloggers. I’m going to go out on a limb here and pretty much say that a healthy start is probably the most anticipated trend we will see in the new year. So this will be the theme for our January Menu line up. Veggies recipes, natural foods, and maybe in between, because we are all going to be good, a couple of sweetbites.
And off we go - remember you can cook one option, two or all four. Posting should be up by Sunday, or at the latest on Monday.
Week 1 – Post on Jan 8th
- Green Lentil Soup with Curried Brown Butter – from 101 Cookbooks
- Pete’s Thai Green Curry – from Our Kitchen
- Spaghetti el Limone – from Our Kitchen
- Keralan Fish Curry with Lemon Rice – from Nigella Lawson
Week 2 – Post on Jan 15th
- Sweet and Sour Rice Salad – from Our Kitchen
- Milk Bundt Cake – from Cook Republic
- Spiced Coconut Spinach – from 101 Cookbooks
- Gnocchi al Pesto – from Saveur Magazine
Week 3 – Post on Jan 22nd
- Lazy Loaf – from Nigella Lawson
- Mexican Beef and Polenta Bake – from Our Kitchen
- Spinach Rice Gratin – from 101 Cookbooks
- Mixed Root Vegetable Gratin – from The Kitchen Bible
Week 4 – Post on Jan 29th
- Thai Chicken Salad – from Our Kitchen
- Asian Fried Chicken with Honey Ginger Sauce – from Food53
- Onion and Bacon Tart – from Saveur Magazine
- Herbed Flatbread with Prosciutto, Arugula Pesto & Sheep’s Milk Cheese – from Roost
There you go, I think I was able to create a balance of light fares, with a selection of veggie options, a couple of pasta dishes in there to make a quick meal and of course, a sweet indulgence or two – because hard works deserves a reward.
February will be all about conquering some of our bucket list items – making bread from scratch? How about pasta? And much more - remember to send them over to me.
For now, let’s start 2012 right and get to your respective kitchens and whip some of these choices up – can not wait to see how gutsy you guys are going to get with some of these, I know I will.
Set, ready – get Gutsy!